Ayurveda: the Art of Self Care
Novelist Eleanor Brown said it best: “Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” Join Maharishi Ayurveda Practitioner and CSOY Faculty Julia Clarkefor a single-day deep dive into the world’s most ancient tradition of self-care. Ayurveda takes the same holistic view of your body and mind as its sister science yoga, and offers you practical and accessible tips for eating, moving and living in a manner that harnesses your body’s natural wisdom, strength and immunity. In this workshop, learn to recognize your own habits and tendencies using the fundamental principles of Ayurveda, identify small shifts you can make in your diet and routine that will lead to lasting changes to your health, and integrate daily and seasonal routines to live better in harmony with nature. Appropriate for all levels of student.
Workshop topics include:
- Introduction to Ayurveda including Tridosha Theory with a self-Dosha assessment
- Dosha Flow Yoga Practice to integrate your understanding of Tridosha Theory
- Eating for your body type: diet, digestion and the six Ayurvedic tastes
- Daily routine for optimal health (dinacharya)
- The Ayurvedic approach to improving energy and vitality through diet, meditation, sleep and exercise
- Seasonal routines including self-oil massage for increased immunity
Workshop counts for 10 Continuing Education Credits for current yoga teachers
Location: Mountain Soul Yoga in Edwards, CO
Date: Saturday, January 20
Investment: $175 early bird, $225 after January 10
Please see our refund and cancellation policy before registering!